What’s Stopping You From Looking Awesome?
A lot of guys have been around for a while on this blog. They come in, they love the info and the way it is presented, then decide it’s time to change their personal style and image. After about a month they ask me for some e-mail feedback and I can easily see the change is almost non-existent.
It’s not that I expect them to look like they’re on a catwalk 24/7. That’s too much even for me. But some basic stuff in their outfits is just not taken care of.
The most common problems I see in guys outfits are these:
- wearing clothes that are too large
- they don’t know how to match colors
- they don’t wear the right accessories
The solutions are simple, all they have to do is allocate time and money. I know we all lack both of them but, as the personal image becomes more and more important, you need to find the spare time and invest a some money into yourself.
- Wearing clothes that are too large. Dress shirts seem to be the biggest problem, followed by jeans. Not to mention most don’t even have “dress pants” in their vocabulary.
- They don’t know how to match colors. I know it seems complicated but things are actually very simple. Here’s a very basic tip: try to repeat a color in our outfit. Simply wear two items at the same time that both have the same color on them.
- They don’t wear the right accessories. Whether you’re young or not, accessories are a very cheap method of “upgrading” your outfits. If you don’t see yourself wearing a slim tie with jeans, go for at least a hand watch. Because not many people like to wear watches, those who do will definitely stand out. Besides, the watch is a men’s classic so you can’t go wrong wearing one.
Style does not mean you have to dress like a parrot. Style is made to represent you. The first is for clothes to communicate that you know to take care of yourself. After that you need to fine tune your looks in order to project your best self onto others. What’s after that… it’s all up to you.
Until next time,